Classes & Tours
Sentara Martha Jefferson offers a variety of childbirth classes to get you and your partner ready for the birth of your new baby. Our team of childbirth educators and lactation consultants offer many years of experience in their field and are ready to help to empower and strengthen you while you prepare for the birth of your child.
You may have many questions during your pregnancy about your pregnancy, childbirth and how to care for a new baby. Though there are many resources available on the internet, having an opportunity to learn and ask questions from experienced childbirth educators in a comfortable, soothing environment is invaluable.
If an in-person class is not feasible for you, we also offer childbirth education classes online for you to take when it is convenient for you.
- Preparation for Childbirth – available as 4-week, 2-day fast track, or 1-day fast track class, or Refresher Class
- Understanding Birth – eClass
- Free Breastfeeding Classes
- Basics in Baby Care
- Free Tour for Expectant Parents
- Free Sibling Class for 4-7 Years Old – Click Here to View Sentara Martha Jefferson’s Siblings Guide
- Family and Friends CPR